This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Multi-month update brought to you by the letter J

The letter "J" for Jaidra and for Job: as in, Jaidra's full time Job takes up all of the time that was once spent on taking and editing photos, updating websites, networking, etc.

I am still making art and dancing! It just occurs at odd times, and is in no way consistent. So, for brevity, here's the bullet point update.

  • Uniq by Jaidra silk art is available at Artizan Gallery in Columbia, SC. They have been fabulous to me, so if you're in the area, go by and check them out!
  • Uniq by Jaidra silk art and jewelry is available at Raspberry Moon Skin Care studio in Greenville, SC. Nicole is amazing and will help make your skin Fabulous, so definitely check her out!
  • The Uniq by Jaidra Etsy store is closed temporarily. It just takes too much time to maintain. But, I still take custom orders and I always have pieces for sale. Just contact me at jaidra_art@yahoo.com
  • I am a featured artist at Dharma Trading company this month! I get all of my silk painting supplies through Dharma, and LOVE them! 
  • I am available for private henna body art appointments. Due to time constraints, I am limiting in house and travel appointments to a minimum of 50$ (a pretty large or detailed piece). Longer and larger appointments still run 75$ per hour. I do have a two hour minimum for parties, corporate events, and weddings.
  • Dance classes continue. I always wish that I could dance more, but there's only so much time in a week. Stay tuned. I will try to be more consistent with the updates!

Joy, art, shimmies!
Jaidra

Some Pics from the Past Few Months
Uniq by Jaidra: Art Fair Booth

Uniq by Jaidra: Art Fair Booth

Uniq by Jaidra: Art Fair Booth

Custom Belly Henna

Turkish Fusion Performance

Irises Silk Painting
Taking a life break: Hiking is my relaxation
I just love this picture: Mushrooms above a mountain stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment