This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Nature Silk

This one has a home already (I painted it for my Father)

 I started with this beautiful garden spider on a background of white oak leaves.
 Then I added a ruby throated hummingbird. I took some liberties with the vine: kind of a cross between bignonia and jessamine, but I think it's beautiful.
 The far left side finished up with a dragonfly on a background of sycamore leaves and water oak leaves as a final framing piece, since I wasn't going to paint the full size of the silk. I used water and jaquard green label silk dye directly on the fabric with water to move the dye.
Finished nature silk painting
I finished with a mottled background in 4 washed of dark blue. The pictures don't do the silk justice, but I think that it turned out lovely. I am always in love with and inspired by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment