This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Friday, March 18, 2011

More cowbell please

Or truth be told, less cowbell, more dance.

I have danced every day for the past two weeks (except last Saturday where instead I did a six mile hike in the mountains with friends), and I've never felt better in my life. My obliques are coming out of hibernation, and I'm beginning to feel back in the groove after a difficult year last year and a very slow winter.

Plans for belly dance classes in the upstate are afoot, and work on my performance ideas, including a live music and dance group, is progressing nicely.

Which brings me to - NEED Musician!

Currently we are one turkish fusion belly dance and fire dancer and one drummer focusing on live drum and dance improvisation with an emphasis on middle eastern rhythms. We plan to branch out eventually, but that is some time in the future. We need a Greenville, SC local musician interested in playing improvisational live music for busking and performance who can commit to at least 1 2hour practice session and 1 2hour outside performance a week. Experience with middle eastern rhythms is a plus, but not necessary - any portable acoustic instrument or rhythm instrument will be considered.

Contact jaidra_art@yahoo.com if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment