This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finished Fae Princess Silk Painting

Silk shot on an angle in attempt to show shimmer of fabric
 I used 8 different jewel toned and lighter washes to create the abstract background for my princess silk. I applied alcohol liberally over the dyes while they were wet and mixed colors in broad swathes directly onto the dry silk. I then placed both fine and large grained salt in streaks across the silk while the dye was wet. The alcohol and salt create fabulous abstract patterns on the silk. Unfortunately, I don't believe photos can accurately portray silk paintings - the silk glows, and the dye takes on jewel like qualities.
Finished Fae Princess silk - still on stretcher frame

No comments:

Post a Comment