This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I'm back, and ready for some dancing!

My summer hiatus and cross country road trip was beautiful. I hiked through Arches, Canyonlands, Grand Mesa, Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, the Albion Basin, the Columbia Gorges, and parts of Jedediah Smith. I viewed wonders such as Crater Lake, the deepest freshwater lake in North America, and hugged redwood trees. I meditated and danced in the desert and slept on mountains. Now, I'm home and looking forward to dancing with my beautiful Greenville belly dance family again.

Starting tonight, Belly Dance Basics will be back at 6:30 - 7:30 at Equilibrium Zen Gym. No Belly Dance II, as that time will be spent in rehearsal for our October 11th hafla and show.

New classes will be starting in October, including an expressive dance and moving meditation class that I'm very excited about. More on that later.

I leave you with some favorite photos from my road trip. Happy shimmies!




No comments:

Post a Comment