This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

If I Could Show You My Heart

Silk Painting - central figure finished
Some days they just pour out of me...like this one did this morning. I chose a dark palette for all of the background and the figure. I was searching for a "just after dark" feeling...almost monochromatic so that the central explosion really popped.

The title for this piece really says it all: "If I could show you my heart" I don't have much else to say about it. I used water to mix directly on dry silk, and the "heart" is done in bright fire colors mixed throughout to fade - yellow to orange, red to magenta, orange to magenta, yellow to lighter yellow, etc.



Silk Painting "If I could Show you my Heart"
It's about peace, and passion...finding joy within oneself, and finding the courage to share your inner heart with the world. I hope that it speaks....

No comments:

Post a Comment