This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good news, bad news, and bellydance photos

The great news is that I have a full time job. My art is my passion, but I also love science and am excited to be able to use my degree that I worked so hard for so many years to get.

The not so great news is that for the first little bit, I am cancelling Thursday night classes. I have a lot of work going on, and it's going to take some time to get used to my new schedule. I hope to be able to reintroduce advanced and intermediate level classes again in the future, but for the time being, Bellydance Fitness and Fun at Equilibrium Zen Gym happens every Wednesday night at 7:30!


Now for some fun stuff. I've had a lot of performances lately, a show in Knoxville, TN hosted by Ananda with The Lifesize Mousetrap, Jodi Waseca, and Rose Harden the last weekend in September. The first weekend in October I danced in Wasted Wine's Perpetual Spirals of Power and Pleasure CD release and dance collaboration at the Warehouse Theater in Greenville, SC. Today, I danced with two amazing ladies, Brandy and Evelyn to live drumming at Fall for Greenville. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I'm loving it! I have tons of pics, but here are a few of my favorites.

From Knoxville Show:
Jodi Waseca, Rose Harden, and Jaidra DuRant

Jaidra with Sword

Jodi Waseca with Uniq by Jaidra hand painted veil

Rose Harden

Jaia and Amanda of Ananda

Maria and Sipi - Amazing Acrobalance Team

Claire - Poi Goddess

Teejei
From Fall For Greenville: It was a Windy Day!
Jaidra, Brandy, and Evelyn pre preformance

ATS at Fall for Greenville

Jaidra Skirt Dance at Fall for Greenville

Jaidra and Brandy Duet

Brandy Solo


No comments:

Post a Comment