This life we live...it's strange, painful at times, but oh so beautiful.

I am a fusion dance artist and teacher, a fire dancer, and a visual artist. I draw inspiration from nature, music, and the amazing people that come into my life. I am also a conservationist who makes jewelry and found object multimedia craft type art in my spare time (when I'm not reading, writing, or lighting things on fire and dancing around with them). I love to dance barefoot on the beach, watch the stars move inexorably across the heavens, and to laugh with the people that I love. I am currently based in Greenville SC, working with Discordia Arts to provide unique and exciting entertainment to the Upstate.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Plans for Friday, April 15

I have been battling the allergy demons for the past few weeks. My weapons of chamomile tea, honey, orange juice, garlic, and vapor rub weren't enough, so I added dayquil and zyrtec to the arsenal and am now emerging victorious...just in time for final rehearsals for Friday's show at Karma in Greenville.

The lovely and talented Brandy White of Bellymuse has asked me to dance with Discordia while she plays harmonium. Their music is hauntingly beautiful. Dark and emotionally charged lyrics merge with fantastic guitar work to create an absolutely one of a kind sound. I have had a wonderful time practicing with Discordia and am excited to debut four dances this weekend.

I'm planning a prop filled set with a sword dance, veil dance, and fire palm piece, and one solo prop free dance. Also, Brandy and I along with the talented Emily will be debuting ATS to a live piece by Valentine Wolfe. Big skirts and improvisational troupe style dancing. It's going to be a wonderful show!

Karma is located at 520 Rutherford Rd, Greenville, SC. Doors open at 8pm. 10$ cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment